Sunday, September 9, 2012

Yellow Cab

September 7, 2012. Friday.

It seems like all we've been posting are restaurants that aren't really accessible everywhere and to everyone. For this entry we're doing the opposite as we feature a restaurant that can be easily found everywhere, Yellow Cab Pizza Co.

We had dinner with Kim's mom. And if we always over-order for two, we also over-order for three. Haha. On to what we ordered for four to five three.

Being at a pizza place, one has got to order pizza. We got the Roasted Garlic and Shrimp.

14" Roasted Garlic and Shrimp. 630php.

I love my meat on my pizza but I also love Yellow Cab's Roasted Garlic and Shrimp. It's a simple, feel good pizza. It doesn't have that many toppings as most pizzas, but that's what makes it great. Nothing overwhelms you. The shrimp, onions and roasted garlic really go well together on top of the cheese.

To add to the carbs, we also got Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta.

Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta. 265php.

This is like the perfect storm- chicken strips, mushrooms and peanuts in a pasta coated with semi-spicy oriental sauce. Who knew it would taste this good? The first time I tried this out in Yellow Cab, I really found it weird that a pizza place has an Asian dish on its menu. But eversince tasting it, I don't ever eat at Yellow Cab without ordering this.

It felt odd having something Asian at a pizza place since I always associate boxed pizzas like this as an American style. To get that vibe back (I'm weird that way), we ordered Hot Wings.

Hot Wings. 235php.

I think it's already well established that I love chicken wings. I don't know why I keep ordering Hot Wings from Yellow Cab since it always disappoints each and every time. It's always dry, but I always end up hoping that maybe it won't be this time around. Guess what? It hasn't changed. Still dry.

Of all other mainstream pizza chains, Yellow Cab is still our favorite.. Or maybe 2nd favorite (next to Shakey's). The quality of the food is always consistent more often than not (even the wings remain unchanged, haha). And the serving always seem more than what you paid for.



Oh, and say hello to happy box :)


Yellow Cab Pizza Co.
Eastwood City Walk 1, Eastwood Cyberpark,
Bagumbayan, Quezon City
789-9999

No comments:

Post a Comment