Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nolita (North of Little Italy) Again!

January 5, 2012. Saturday.

IMG_0677 

In a span of just a week, we found ourselves dining in Nolita twice. This is the second of those visits. If this was any nearer to us, we would be dining here weekly. It's just a great place to eat and hangout. Since we have told you about this great restaurant before, we'll just go straight to our orders this time.

For starters, we had Honey Garlic Buffalo Wings.

IMG_0682
Honey Garlic Buffalo Wings. 330php.
I was really hesitant at first to order this since I like my Buffalo Wings the traditional way --  a little hot with a slight zing, and a tinge of sourness in it. But I'm glad we ordered this, since we both really enjoyed it. I was expecting it to be really sweet, but it was just right and the garlic flavor really works well for these deep fried wings. It had about 10 pieces in it, so this is really a good finger food to be shared with.

Kim had the Angus All Beef Cheeseburger.

IMG_0683
Angus All Beef Cheeseburger. 320php.
This was my order during our last visit which I let Kim had a bite of, and she really liked it so she ordered it this time. I mistakenly told her I had mozzarella put on it before, when it was really American Jack cheese. But no worries, the mozzarella worked well too with the thick patty. It's still as heavenly as before. Thick juicy patty, fresh lettuce, tomato and onion on a brioche bun? Perfect. And as mentioned here before, it's not really big diameter wise, but it is thick. It was too thick for Kim to bite on it, so she had to resort to using her fork and knife. Sacrilegious, I know.

I ordered the Nolita Burger.

IMG_0688
Nolita Burger. 420php.
I was really looking forward to this since I really eat egg with almost everything (it's like a weird habit, that I want it as a side dish). The difference of the Nolita Burger from their all beef burgers is that it only comes with blue cheese (you can't choose), the onions are caramelized and it is topped off with bacon and a sunny side up! It's like a level up on their standard burgers! How can you go wrong with that? Was I in for a surprise. I didn't expect I'd still like the Angus All Beef Cheeseburger over this one. Don't get me wrong, I like the Nolita Burger, but I still like their cheeseburger better. I was caught off guard with the taste of the bacon, first off it wasn't crispy, it was like eating a really oily prosciutto. And it had this sweet, smoky taste to it. Again, not bad and probably some people like it that way, but I like my bacon crispy and salty. The caramelized onions also were sweet, and it's that sweet taste that I don't like in my burger. Maybe this one just wasn't my cup of tea, or plate of burger. It still is a well prepared and well cooked burger, but I just prefer something over it.

That concludes our second entry for Nolita. Expect more soon! There are still a lot of menu items we want to try. Personally, I want to try the Bowl of Chili. And I know Kim is still craving for that egg-topped Shrimp Carbonara Pizza. If you have an extra 500 bucks in your pocket and want a great meal in BGC, drop by Nolita.

IMG_0684

Nolita
UG/F Bonifacio High Street Central,
7th Ave Cor. 29th St.,
Fort Bonifactio, Taguig City
https://www.facebook.com/NOLITA.PIZZA

Other Nolita entries:
Nolita (North of Little Italy)
Nolita: Revisited with Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment