Thursday, December 20, 2012

Outback Steakhouse

December 9, 2012. Sunday.

By now, you probably know that we really don't mind spending a lot just as long as it is on good food. So be forewarned, this entry/ dining experience constitutes the most we have ever spent on food together. But it was really all worth it, especially if you're a carnivore.

IMG_5012 

We originally planned to eat at House of Minis along C5 since I really wanted to get some steak. We were coming from Ortigas and there was some sort of rerouting being done right at the intersection of C5 and Ortigas Ave. I was forced to turn left towards the direction of Libis. But I was not be deterred in my quest to have steak that night. Luckily there's a steakhouse right smack in the middle of Libis. You may have heard of it; it goes by the name of Outback Steakhouse.

I know Outback and House of Minis differ greatly in price and the style of cooking. Outback is your upscale (very upscale, actually) steakhouse with aged and dry rubbed steaks, and House of Minis by comparison would seem more like your average mall steak on a hot plate. Still, steak is steak. And I really wanted my steak that night.

I haven't been to Outback in a while, but I must say not much has changed. It still has that old steakhouse vibe going for it, with the use of wood all throughout the resto's decor and furnishings, a bar in the middle, booths of varying seating capacity all around, an incandescent lamp above every booth and of course the faux retro Australian spread out all over the place. The place looks old, but I mean it in a good way. It still feels homey and welcoming.

IMG_4996

We ended up ordering the following:

First we were served the traditional Outback Dark Honey Wheat Bread.

IMG_4982

This has got to be the best complementary bread ever. It's served warm on a cutting board with a cupful of churned butter. The bread has a sweet cocoa taste to it that really goes well with the slight saltiness of the butter. A perfect meal starter.

Then we got Kookaburra Wings.

IMG_4998
Kookaburra Wings (half). 279php.

We both love wings, so we got this for our appetizer. We had it only mildly spicy since we didn't want to wreck our taste buds for our main course. This is Outback's version of the Buffalo Wings. The wings were fried to a nice a crispy texture then tossed into their sauce. Really went well with the blue cheese dip it came with.

Kim ordered a half slab of Baby Back Ribs.

IMG_5007
Baby Back Ribs, half slab. 659php.

The half slab was served with fries on the side. The meat easily slid off the bones, all while still being juicy. The barbecue sauce it was coated in was had a tangy taste to it, and it also had a nice little peppery kick to it.

And I ordered a 10 oz. Angus Ribeye.

IMG_5006
10 oz. Angus Ribeye. 1455php.

Steak, finally. I like my meat cooked well done since I really don't want any pink left in them. I gauge how a good steak is by the amount of steak sauce/ gravy I would need to eat them. And with this one, I didn't even bother asking for any! I loved the marbling on my cut of ribeye, it just had the right amount of fat to it. Those we think fat is a bad thing, that's not entirely true for steaks since the fat really adds to the flavor of the meat. Despite being cooked on an open flame, my steak managed to remain juicy and tender. It was so good that I really couldn't remember how my sides of rice pilaf and baked potato went.

We both got Cokes.

IMG_4997

We liked how they were served with chilled mugs.

We really enjoyed eating here that we are already planning on when to come back. The food might really be on the expensive side, but then again we think it is all worth it.

Outback Steakhouse
35 E. Rodriguez JR Ave.,
Libis, Quezon City
(02) 634 - 3801

Other Outback entries:
Back in Outback! Claiming Our Valentine's Freebies
Outback Steakhouse: Valentine's Date

No comments:

Post a Comment