Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sizzlin' Pepper Steak + Dulcinea

September 27, 2012.

Kim doesn't like Sizzlin' Pepper Steak just for the very reason that the food takes time before it cools off. But for some weird reason, she wanted to eat there last Thursday maybe because it was the only restaurant that seemed to have a lot of vacant tables that night. And a sparsely occupied establishment means fast service or crappy food. But since Sizzlin' Pepper Steak has been around for a while, we know that it can always be counted on a decent meal.

Sizzlin' Pepper Steak is the local version of Pepper Lunch (a watered down version that is). But no worries, I don't mean anything negative by it. It just means that Pepper Lunch caters to the more upscale while Sizzlin' Pepper Steak is more affordable for everyone.

Sizzlin' Pepper Steak is different from most restaurants mainly for two reasons. First, they have this thing called the Moo Flip in which you have to flip it to MOO-OOVE if you want to call on their staff, otherwise it should just be flipped to STOP. Then there's the thing that I actually dislike about this place, and that is you have to cook your own food or at least finish cooking your own food. The food is served half cooked I assume, and then you have to finish it by flipping it over on your hotplate and pouring your sauce over it. A novel idea, but one that I really don't care much for. This applies to most items on the menu. I dislike it. Well, it's because I'm paying good money to have my food served to me. And sometimes, I burn or undercook my meat. So, there.

I ordered the Beef Pepper Rice.


It's thinly sliced beef served in its own special sauce with pepper rice on a hot plate. I like how tender the beef is and how the sweet sauce complements the pepper-y rice. Again, my only qualm is that I need to cook my own meat. Would've preffered if it was served on my table already cooked to perfection.

Kim got the Beef Curry Pepper Rice. As usual.



Of the few times we have eaten here, I've only seen Kim order differently just once. This is her usual order, so I guess it must taste good for her to keep on ordering it. The thinly sliced beef is served with rice on a hot plate, and seasoned with pepper and curry powder. If you want to add some spice from your usual bestseller, this can be an option.

We also got Tori Karaage to share.


Tori Karaage is boneless fried chicken served with mushroom gravy. If only this came with gravy that tasted similar to Jollibee's, then this would have been a total winner. I know we got this to share, but I was the only one who ended up eating it since Kim didn't want any of it after having some a couple of days ago.



Sizzlin' Pepper Steak
Eastwood City Walk 1
E. Rodriguez JR Ave., Libis,
Quezon City
(02) 709 - 2242
http://www.sizzlinpeppersteak.com/SPS/

More often than not, we would always have some room for dessert even after a big meal. Kim wanted something sweet to compensate for her curry meal. And since it’s the time of the month for Kim to have cravings to which no one should interfere, we decided to get some churros.
How convenient it was that Dulcinea was just a few walks away from Sizzling Pepper Steak at Eastwood.  Dulcinea’s ever famous Churros con Chocolate is the epitome of churros- perfect golden crisp dipped in melted bittersweet chocolate. It just makes you feel like a kid again! As we were eating, we even thought of ordering the “Churros All You Can” next time. But after finishing the five pieces of churros together, we were pointing at each other on who will get the last bite. At 98php, it might be too steep for 5 pieces of deep fried bread, but it was actually just enough to make our tummy happy.


Dulcinea
Eastwood City Walk 1
E. Rodriguez JR Ave., Libis,
Quezon City
(02) 709 - 3574

No comments:

Post a Comment